frazioni's Pizza parlor
- Game Designer: Noah King
- Content Area: Math, Fractions
- Recommended Ages: Upper Elementary
- Ideal Group Size: Whole Class
- Suggested Time: 45 minutes
Frazioni, owner of Frazioni’s pizza Parlor, has locked all but one of his top secret recipes inside the large locked box. He left himself clues, but can’t remember how to decipher them to unlock the locks… and now he only has 45 minutes until he has to start baking. He needs the students’ help to get in.
3-DIGIT LOCK = 1-4-5
4-DIGIT LOCK = 1-3-5-8
ABC MULTILOCK = T-A-S-T-E
DIRECTIONAL MULTILOCK = LEFT-RIGHT-RIGHT-LEFT - ____ (use blank ring from ABC Lock)
LOCKS APP = TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, STAR, TRIANGLE
1. Place sauce, pesto, and weekly special recipes in the large locked box. Place the hasp on the box, and lock it with the 4-digit, Word, Directional, and Key locks.
2. Place the flash drive (with delivery map image on it) in the small locked bax along with one of the pizza slices.
3. Get the Locks App ready to go on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Get the game timer (http://youtu.be/9kjHlH-IsM4) ready to go.
5. Hide the key in or near the sink. If you do not have a sink in your room, tape the key to a bottle of hand sanitizer and place it somewhere in the room.
6. Hide around the room: Small locked box, 2 pizza slices, eating summary, menu board (with menu board specials paper clipped to it), and flashlight
7. Get the intro video (https://youtu.be/_gDG_BLxnTE) ready to go and show it to the class.
8. Give the students the Dough Recipe and one pizza slice. Start the timer, and away they go!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.