discovering Discovery Education
- Game Designer: Melissa Matthews
- Content Area: *Discovery Education
- Recommended Ages: Adult
- Ideal Group Size: whole Class
- Suggested Time: 45 minutes
*Requires Discovery Education Account
This BreakOut EDU Game is to create a method of searching Discovery Education and learning tools and features that are offered. This can be used as an introduction, refresher or culminating activity when teaching Discovery Education.
3-DIGIT LOCK = 7-6-7
4-DIGIT LOCK = 5-4-7-5
ABC MULTILOCK = S-L-I-D-E
DIRECTIONAL MULTILOCK = SOUTH - EAST - EAST - WEST (Use blank ring from ABC Lock)
Basic Search - Hang picture of Lodge McCammon on the Wall with QR code to Lodge’s resources on the paper. Have the word search on a table near the picture. A word will open the word lock. Answer: Word Lock - SLIDE
2. Media Types - Hang pictures all over the wall in one area - so they stay together. Answer - Media Types - Coordinator gives participants the key for small box.
3. Searching - Note inside little box. - What advantage do you gain when using MY DE -> Streaming Plus -> Streaming Library to search that you do not get when using the white search box? ***Note - MUST have Streaming Plus Subscription . Answer - SubjEct brEakdoWn - Directional Lock - written in invisible ink in the room.
4. SOS -Take the flash drive has “SOS Hint - Which One Am I?” and attach it to the lock on the small box. When they open the box, they will be able to use flash drive. Read the SOS Strategy. Determine which one it is. Answer - Reading Between the Lines - This does not lead to anything - it is a distractor.
5. Discovery VR - Print Google Drawing “Manta Discovery VR” and hang on wall. Explore Mantas Flying on the Edge. This will open a 4-digit lock.
Answer: EDGE (5475)
6. Writing Prompt Builder - Print “Clue” QR code and attach to wall. In invisible ink write 3 digit lock for a hint - Watch the Writing Prompt Builder Video (One Minute) https://goo.gl/a2We0g Something will open the 3-digit lock. Answer: Writing (7) Prompt (6) Builder (7)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.